Airways Brewing - The Bistro is Open
November 4, 2011 - 8:09 AM-- by Kendall Jones, Washington Beer Blog --
Congratulations to Airways Brewing. The Airways Brewing Beer & Bistro opened for business on Tuesday. It has been a long time coming and a lot of work. The owners of Airways Brewing, Alex and Dione Dittmar, did not want to make a big deal out of the opening. That's why they waited until today to make the official announcement. Seriously, Kent is a city so starved for good beer that they could get crushed if they aren't careful.
In addition to offering a lineup of Airways' beers, the Beer & Bistro will offer a number of beers from other breweries. There are twelve taps in all, with one dedicated to cider. The opening night beer list is included in the press release below. Pictures from opening night are also below. In addition to the beer, the Bistro offers pizza and sandwiches along with some other munchies.
We should have pictures for you soon.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Airways Brewing Beer & Bistro Opens in Downtown Kent Historic District
Kent, WA (11/01/11) – Airways Brewing Company, Kent’s Brewery, today opens the Airways Brewing Beer & Bistro – a new location in the Downtown Kent Historic District.
The Bistro is located at 320 W. Harrison Street, offers seating for 35 guests, and features a menu of pizzas, artisan sandwiches, soups and salads. Twelve taps pour only Washington produced products: Airways Brewing’s signature and seasonal beers, guest brews from other small and medium-sized breweries, and a dedicated Washington cider tap.
“We’re excited to finally be open in downtown Kent,” said Alex Dittmar, the company’s founder and head brewer. “It took a little longer than we had planned, and we still have some finishing touches, such as artwork and signage to put up, but we think we’ve got a great local pub that people will really enjoy.”
“Our goal with the Bistro is to be able to offer delicious food to go alongside beers and wines produced right here in this great state. Our menu is based on fresh produce and high quality meats for a healthier take on pub food. We plan to rotate selections frequently to take advantage of seasonal flavors,” said Dittmar.
“We think people will really enjoy the location, as well as what we’ll have to offer. It’s convenient to the ShoWare Center, the Sounder Rail Line, and Kent Station.”
In addition to Airways signature beers, and some special “one-off” creations, opening week beers include selections from M.T. Head Brewing in Graham, Valhöll Brewing & Slippery Pig Brewing from Poulsbo, Soos Creek Brewing in Covington, and Two Beers Brewing in Seattle.
The Bistro will be open for both lunch and dinner, Tuesday-Saturdays, starting at 11:00 a.m.
Founded in spring of 2010, Airways Brewing Company is located in Kent, Washington. The brewery has two locations – a production facility and tap room in the Kent Industrial area, and a Restaurant/Bistro in the Downtown Kent Historical District. Airways distributes its beer to microbrew specialty bars and taverns in the greater Seattle/Tacoma area.
Tuesday, November 1st: Opening Night Beer List
- Airways Jet City ESB 5.5% ABV 35 IBU
- Airways First Class IPA 5.5% ABV 44 IBU
- Airways Sky Hag IPA 7.8% ABV 99+ IBU
- Airways Über Hag IPA 8.0% ABV 99+ IBU
- Airways Rauchbier 6.0% ABV 29 IBU
- MT Head Brewing Bonehead Brown Ale 4.7% ABV (Graham, Washington)
- Valhöll Brewing Stouty Oatmeal Stout 7.0% ABV (Poulsbo, Washington)
- Slippery Pig Brewery Damndeleven Bitter 11% ABV (Poulsbo, Washington)
- Chuckanut Brewing 2011 Festbier 5% ABV (Bellingham, Washington)
- Soos Creek Brewing Rua Beoir Irish Red 5.6% ABV (Covington, Washington)
- Two Beers Brewing Persnickity Pale Ale 5.7% ABV (Seattle, Washington)
- Tieton Cider Works Cherry Cider 6.4% ABV (Tieton, Washington)
Upcoming Beers Include:
- Two Beers Heart of Darkness Imperial CDA
- Valhöll Brewing Poulsbo Abbey Wit
- Snoqualmie Brewing Avalanche Winter Warmer
- M.T. Head Dark Marc Black IPA
- Pike Brewing Naughty Nellie Golden Ale