Spokane Oktoberfest - Tickets Now On Sale
August 31, 2011 - 8:41 AM-- by Kendall Jones, Washington Beer Blog --
Time to shake the spiders out of your dirndl, pull up your lederhosen, and get ready for some serious oom-pah-pah. The Washington Beer Commission provided us some details about the upcoming Spokane Oktoberfest. The 2nd annual event will take place at Riverfront Park on September 23rd and 24th. Tickets are now on sale. More info below.
For people living in the Spokane area this is a no-brainer. For those of us living on the west side of the cascades, this festival presents an opportunity to sample beer from a number of eastern breweries rarely seen on the wetter side of the mountains. If you want to sample beers from Washington’s more remote breweries, but don’t want to take the time to visit places like Clarkston, Waitsburg, Kettle Falls, and Pullman, then consider a trip to Spokane Oktoberfest.
By all reports, last year’s inaugural Oktoberfest was an immediate success. Spokane has been dying for a beer festival like this and the Washington Beer Commission is to be commended for putting it together.
Visit the official Spokane Oktoberfest website.
Friday, September 24th – 4pm – 9pm
Saturday, September 25th – Noon to 9pm
Riverfront Park, Central Meadow
507 N. Howard St.
Spokane, WA 99201
$15 advance tickets or $20 at the door (if still available). Admission includes a commemorative tasting cup and five 5.5oz sample tastes.
Must be 21 years old or older and have a valid ID to be admitted.
Designated driver admission is free and available at the door only.
Tickets are now on sale at www.washingtonbeer.com (through Brown Paper Tickets) and soon at select Spokane locations to be announced.
The 24 Washington breweries expected for Spokane Oktoberfest include:
- Alpine Brewing, Oroville
- C.I Shenanigans, Spokane
- Diamond Knot Brewery, Mukilteo
- Elysian Brewing, Seattle
- Fremont Brewing, Seattle
- Georgetown Brewing, Seattle
- Golden Hills Brewing, Airway Heights
- Hale’s Ales Brewery , Seattle
- Horse Heaven Hills Brewery, Prosser
- Iron Horse Brewery, Ellensburg
- Laht Neppur Brewing, Waitsburg
- Mac & Jacks Brewery, Redmond
- Northern Ales, Kettle Falls
- Northern Lights Brewing, Spokane
- Paradise Creek, Spokane
- Palouse Falls Brewing, Pullman
- Pike Brewing Company, Seattle
- Redhook Brewery, Woodinville
- Riverport Brewing, Clarkston
- Roslyn Brewing, Roslyn
- Sound Brewery, Poulsbo
- Two Beers Brewing, Seattle
- Whitstran Brewing, Prosser
- Yakima Craft Brewing, Yakima