Bremerton Summer Brewfest - The List of Beers
July 15, 2011 - 9:58 AMThe Bremerton Summer Brewfest takes place on Saturday, July 23. We now have the official list of beers. Not all of the participating breweries have provided details yet, but most have. We expected to see a lot of lighter fare on this list. Surprisingly, those light refreshing beers will be poured alongside some big, burly beers that many people might normally consider more appropriate for the colder months. An Imperial IPA is good any time of year, right?
The event is presented by the Washington Beer Commission. Proceeds from the event help the Commission promote Washington-brewed beers and the vibrant, growing Washington brewing industry. This is the first time the Commission has held an event in Bremerton. The west side of Puget Sound has been clamoring for its own beer festival for some time. Now they have it.
The event takes place in downtown Bremerton just a few steps away from the ferry terminal. If you’re coming from Seattle, it would be silly to bring the car. Simply walk on the ferry and enjoy the ride. Leave the car ashore. Along with the beer, expect to hear some great local, live music. Grab lunch at one of the nearby restaurants.
For complete event details visit the official event website.
Here’s the beer list.
American Brewing Co. - Edmonds
1) Breakaway IPA - This beer is made with Vienna and Munich malts. A generous amount of Amarillo and Simcoe hops gives this beer its signature citrusy character. This IPA has a medium-high hop bitterness, flavor and aroma with medium alcohol content. It possesses a full, flowery hop aroma. ABV: 7% IBU: 90 Color: 20 SRM
2) American Blonde - This beer is made with Vienna and Pilsner malts and American Hallertau hops. It is golden blonde in color with a crisp palate and smooth body. Perfectly balanced between style and character of beer and alcohol content, making it a great session beer. ABV: 4.5% IBU: 16 Color: 8 SRM
Battenkill Brewing Co. - Poulsbo
1) Harvest Moon Amber Ale - Harvest Moon is Battenkill’s first beer. This medium bodied ale offers a pleasant hop flavor and aroma balanced with premium British malts. Maris Otter and British Crystal malts are combined with Centennial and Cascade hops to provide the rich flavor in this amber ale. The finish is satisfying and slightly sweet with an ABV of 5.8%.
2) Old Tractor IPA - An abundance of American hops burst from this unfiltered medium bodied pale ale. The caramel sweetness is thoroughly enhanced by the abundance of citrusy, piney flavors and aromas. Dominated by the three C’s (Chinook, Centennial, & Cascade), this IPA is fermented with 2 types of yeast and finish’s with an ABV of 7.4%.
3) Summer Rain Pale Ale - Here’s a light bodied, dry American Pale Ale brewed with NW Pale Ale malt (base), along with Simcoe and Amarillo hops. A moderately sweet finish is enhanced by the addition of Orange Blossom Honey in the recipe. This one’s great on a hot summer day (or any day!) and has an ABV of 5.8%
Chuckanut Brewery - Bellingham
1) Alt German Ale - Zesty hop snappiness, full malt, assertive, mahogany color. OG: 12.5 ABV: 5.0% IBU'S: 30
2) Pilsner - Golden, dry, sharply bitter, noble, flowery, effervescent. OG: 12.5 Plato ABV: 5% IBU'S: 38
Der Blokken Brewery - Bremerton
1) Brewer’s Choice, TBA
2) Brewer’s Choice, TBA
Diamond Knot Brewing - Mukilteo
1) Brewer’s Choice, TBA
2) Brewer’s Choice, TBA
Elysian Brewing Company - Seattle
1) Loser Strong Pale Ale - "Celebrating 20 years of celebrating Sub Pop Records, with beer. Specifically, this beer: Brewed with Pale, Munich, Crystal and Cara-hell malts. Bittered with Sorachi Ace and finished with Crystal hops. Light tropical flavors balanced with a crisp malt-hop finish—Street smart but not athletic. Starting gravity 16.5° Plato (1.068), alcohol 5.5% by weight/ 7% by volume. 57 IBU
2) Men’s Room Red - Brewed for the KISW radio program of the same name, Men’s Room is amber in color with a light hop aroma and a toasty malt finish. Brewed with crisp 77 Crystal, Munich, Cara-hell, Cara-red, and Cara- vienne. Bittered with Chinook and finished with Cascade. Starting gravity 14 degrees plato(1.057), alcohol 4.3% by weight, 5.6% by volume. 33 IBU
3) Brewer’s Choice, TBA
Fremont Brewing - Seattle
1) Solstice Pale Ale - Tangerine flower in a glass, endless days distilled into nectar of barley and hops. One grain, one hop. Simplicity….yet, so much more. Down and Dirty: 2-row Pale malt, Amarillo hops. Nutten else. 5.2% ABV
2) Interurban IPA - Named after Fremont’s most famous outdoor sculpture, Waiting for the Interurban, Interurban India Pale Ale offers the adventurous beer lover a warm embrace of roasted pale malt swirled with a hand-selected blend of flavor malts and filled with the rich spice of Chinook, Centennial and Amarillo hops. Interurban India Pale is a session beer, eminently drinkable throughout the year. Down and Dirty: 2-row barley, crystal malt, munich malt, aromatic malt, Chinook, Centennial and Amarillo hops. 6.2%
3) Barrel Series: Kentucky Dark Star-Bourbon Imperial Oatmeal Stout - Roasty, chocolate tones swirled with oatmeal smoothness and dark as the night. The Dark Star crashes, pouring its light into ashes, so follow as the Lady of Velvet in the nights of goodbye. This one is too smooth...and at 8.5% ABV, dangerous. Down and Dirty: 2-row Barley, Oats, Crystal malt, Carafa, Chocolate malt, Roast Barley and Willamette and Cascade hops. 8.5%ABV
4) The Brother Imperial IPA - The Brother is a beast. Twice as much barley, 1/2 pound of hops per keg, and weighing in at 8.5% ABV, this ain't no toy, Boys n Girls. This is a Northwest Imperial IPA. Hops First, Hops Last and Hops All The Way Through! Down and Dirty: Pale Roast Malt, White Wheat, Vienna Malt with Chinook, Centennial, Columbus and Cascade hops.
Georgetown Brewing - Seattle
1) Lucille IPA - Columbus, Centennial, Amarillo and Cascade hops. Floral, citrusy and awesome. Anything so innocent and built like that just gotta be named Lucille.
2) Manny’s Pale Ale - A careful selection of Northwest hops, premium barley, and our unique yeast give this ale a rich and complex malty middle with a snappy hop finish. It's truly a micro that finishes crisp, clean, and smooth. ABV - 5.3
Hale’s Ales - Seattle/Bremerton
1) SuperGoose IPA - Hale's Supergoose is a delicious IPA from Hale's that combines assertive, aromatic hop character with balance and drinkability. 7.2% ABV
2) Hale's Kolsch - Hale's version of this centuries-old German style light ale won a Gold Medal at the 2010 GABF. Hale's Kolsch is light, crisp and refreshing. A great warm weather/session beer. 4.8% ABV
Hood Canal Brewery - Kingston
1) Mt. Walker Wheat Ale - A lemon-yellow session ale with citrus hop aroma and a wheat flavor that lingers on the tongue. Its effervescence is particularly refreshing in sunny weather. This is our summer seasonal so enjoy while it’s here! 4% ABV.
2) Dabob Bay IPA - A golden color and prominent hop flavor provided by numerous hop additions during the boil and dry hopping in the kegs. The supportive malt flavors and body make this ale a great multi-dimensional beer. Original gravity is 1066, finishes at 1016. IBU level is 63. 6% ABV
3) Agate Pass Amber - A nice hoppy amber ale with a dark honey color. Nutty sweet aromas of honey and pears. Flavors are toast and honey, followed by steadily increasing hop flavors. 5.5% ABV.
Iron Horse Brewery - Ellensburg
1) High Five Hefe - Ginger, Honey, Wheat. No Fruit required. ABV: 6%
2) Irish Death - Dark, Smooth, Ale. ABV: 7.8%
3) 509 Style - Fresh, Local, Session Beer. ABV: 5%
Mac and Jack’s Brewery - Redmond
1) Serengeti Wheat - A crisp, refreshing American style Hefeweizen that is brewed with the best ingredients the Northwest has to offer. We use 50% locally sourced two-row pale malt and 50% locally grown northwest malted wheat well above the required 30% wheat additions to be called a wheat beer. This Northwest style Hefeweizen is unfiltered for a "cloudy" appearance and brewed with plenty of Yakima valley hops yielding a wonderful citrus finish, delicious with or without a lemon garnish. 4.8% ABV
2) Two Tun IPA - Mac & Jack's IPA is a refreshing, smooth, & balanced India Pale Ale. Using a variety of specialty malts and plenty of locally grown Yakima valley hops, we have created an IPA that has great hop flavor without being bitter. Pale roasted malts give our IPA a deep golden hue, and solid malt backbone, which nicely compliments its crisp hop finish. Copious quantities of hops are added very late in the boil giving the beer its floral aroma and hop forward character. 7.0% ABV
3) C U Later Barley Wine - In the tradition of strong beers such as Salvator, Optimator, and Celebrator, Mac & Jack’s Brewery is proud to release C-U Lator Barleywine. C-U Lator is full bodied, mahogany colored, bittersweet and full of hop flavor. It has complex malt character, complemented by hop aroma, and bitterness, that brings it all into balance. It is big, strong, complex, with hints of fruit that make it a beer to savor and enjoy. 10% ABV
Pike Brewing - Seattle
1) IPA - Powerful Malt Backbone is balanced with aromatic herbal hop character. ABV: 6.3%
2) DRY WIT - TBA
Port Townsend Brewing Company - Port Townsend
1) Hop Diggidy IPA - A peninsula style IPA, dry hopped 3 times with amarillo and cascade. 5.9% ABV
2) Yoda's Green Tea Gold - Our golden ale infused with bancha, an organic, steamed green tea. A delightful summer ale. 4.7% ABV
Redhook Brewery - Woodinville
1) Redhook Pilsner - May not look it but has a dark side. Redhook Pilsner is brewed in a traditional Czech style. It offers a very soft palate and malt flavors that are offset by a medium dose of distinct Czech hops to bring out its authentic flavors.
2) Brewer’s Choice, TBA
Roslyn Brewing Company - Roslyn
1) Roslyn Dark Lager - Roslyn Beer is our original brew and flagship brand. This mild dark lager closely resembles the lager handcrafted by the German brewmeisters at the original Roslyn Brewery and Malting Company one hundred years ago. If it were an ale, it would probably be classified as a porter. We use our own recipe of Roslyn water, fresh from the Cascade Mountains, six types of malted barley and three hop varieties to produce this smooth lager. 4.0 % ABV 31 IBU’s
2) Brookside Pale Lager - A pale lager beer made without the darker malts that we use in Roslyn Beer. It is hopped primarily with Yakima Hallertau hops, and may remind you of a beer you’d find at a small gasthaus in Germany. It is especially popular with people who like full-bodied, lighter beers with mild hopping, and is named for the Brookside neighborhood of Roslyn. 4.5 % ABV 25 IBU’s
Silver City Brewery - Bremerton
1) Ridgetop Red Ale - This Red Ale Rocks! Full-bodied and smooth with a sweet caramel flavor balanced with Northwest Liberty hops for a refreshing finish. 15 IBU. 6% ABV. Malt: Pale, Munich, Dark & Caramel Wheat. Hops: Amarillo & Liberty
2) Ziggy Zoggy Summer Lager - Ziggy Zoggy is Silver City’s toast to summer. Ziggy Zoggy is an unfiltered lager that balances a crisp and elegant honey-like malt flavor with assertive herbal hop character. Brewed in the tradition of German style “Zwickelbier”(look it up) is perfect for celebrating everything this summer. IBU’s: 35 Malt: Pilsner & Honey Malt Hops: Sterling
3) Cask Conditioned Ziggy Zoggy Summer Lager - This cask conditioned or (real ale) version of Ziggy Zoggy has extra dry hopping for an even more assertive herbal hop appeal!
4) Whoop Pass Double IPA - Without a doubt the boldest and hoppiest mother of a brew Silver City has ever created. More than 50 lbs. of Washington State Columbus and Cascade hops are infused, injected or otherwise inflicted upon a single 15 barrel batch. This cask of Whoop Pass is extra dry-hopped in the keg for an even bigger hop experience. Welcome to hop country! IBU’s: 85. 8.5% ABV. Malt: Pale, British Pale, Munich, Light Caramel. Hops: Yakima Cascades & Columbus
Sippery Pig Brewery - Poulsbo
1) Hogs Breath Hefe - American Honey Wheat beer brewed with Lemon Verbena and Lemon Balm. ABV: 8%
2) Curly Tail Pale Ale - Pale Ale brewed with 10 lbs of Stinging Nettles per barrel. ABV: 5%
Snoqualmie Falls Brewing - Snoqualmie
1) Plant 1 Powerhouse IPA - Limited release double IPA. A hearty malt backbone supports loads of Columbus and Cascade hops in this prefectly balanced beast. 7.5% ~ 85 IBUs.
2) Steam Train Porter - Dark and delicious. Hints of chocolate and coffee are present along with that classic roasty porter finish. 5.3%
3) Summer Beer - A perfect beer for a summer day. It's light and sweet with a nice hop finish. 5.3%
Sound Brewery - Poulsbo
1) O’Regan’s Revenge Irish Style Red Ale - Made from the finest floor malted Maris Otter and hopped with East Kent Goldings, O'Regan's Revenge drinks easy and is rich, balanced, dry, and satisfying. 2011 NABA Gold/Silver Medal Winner. 2011 US Beer Open Silver Medal Winner! 5.9% ABV
2) Reluctant IPA American Style IPA - Clean dry malt balances loads of flavoring hops to create a balanced, light, highly drinkable American style IPA. 6.4% ABV
3) Monk’s Indiscretion Belgian Style Specialty Ale - Dry hopped, and fermented with an aromatic Belgian yeast strain, Monk's Indiscretion has an intense tropical hoppy aroma and flavor, with balanced bitterness, and is scarily drinkable for such a strong beer. 2011 US Beer Open Gold Medal winner. 2011 Seattle Caskfest 3rd place people's choice. 10.0% ABV
4) Koperen Ketel Belgian Style Pale Ale - Biscuity Belgian malt balanced with the finest Slovenian Styrian Goldings hops, Koperen Ketel has a delicate herbal, fruity aroma and a clean dry finish making for a refreshing, easy drinking copper color ale. 5.0% ABV
Valholl Brewing - Poulsbo
1) Poulsbo Abbey Wit - Belgian Style wheat ale brewed with coriander and orange peel. 5.2% ABV
2) Single Series Citra IPA - A single malt and single hop IPA. Brewed with 100% citra hops. Infused with fresh tangerines and grapefruit in the kegs. 8.2% ABV 88 IBU's
7 Seas Brewing - Gig Harbor
1) Brewer’s Choice, TBA, TBA
2) Brewer’s Choice, TBA, TBA