What's Brewing - New Washington Breweries
January 13, 2011 - 6:00 PMby Kendall Jones - Washington Beer Blog
Every now and again we take a look at recent microbrewery licensing activities. We get our information from the Liquor Control Board. Here's what has happened in the past 30 days.
(BTW - We are currently working on upgrading our brewery and brewpub mapping system. The existing map is up and running, but we want to make it better.)
The Liquor Control Board recently received Microbrewery license applications from the following businesses:
- Decibell Brewing - Bellevue. Residential address in Bellevue's Lake Hills neighborhood.
- Hillard's Beer - Seattle. Ballard getting another brewery. Commercial location, but no other information yet. Stay tuned.
- Rock Island Brewing Company - Seattle. Residential location in North Seattle.
- Old Mill House Micro Brew - Tacoma. Commercial location on 6th Avenue in Tacoma.
- The Monkey - Seattle. The Monkey Pub in the University District apparently applied for a change to their liquor license type. This one is interesting. We're working on it. Stay tuned.
- Communitea Kombucha - Seattle. It's not beer; it's Kombucha. Still, it is mildly alcoholic and they want to make it legally. http://communitea-kombucha.com/
- Slippery Pig Brewery - Poulsbo. Residential address in Poulsbo.