Washington Beer Wins Big at International Beer Competition
November 11, 2015 - 11:25 AM- by Kendall Jones, Washington Beer Blog -
Results were just announced from the Brussels Beer Challenge. The fourth annual version of this international beer tasting competition was held in Antwerp, Belgium last week. This year’s event featured over 1,100 beers from 30 different countries. The beers are categorized and judged by panels of international beer experts.
A number of our Washington breweries brought home hardware (listed below). Of particular significance, Schooner Exact Brewing brought home the COMAC Award for the very best beer at the festival. A special panel, composed of the chairmen of the competition’s various committees, awards the trophy to what it deems to be the very best beer in the competition. This year, the winner was Schooner Exact Brewing’s Hopvine IPA.
Huge congratulations to Schooner Exact for bringing home this prestigious award. And congrats to all the winners, especially those from Washington.
- Elysian Brewing won a silver medal for Dragonstooth Stout, in the “Stout/ Porter: Oatmeal Stout” category
- Kulshan Brewing won two medals. A bronze for Red Cap Irish Style Red Ale, in the “Red Ale: Irish Red Ale” category. A bronze for Transporter, in the “Stout/Porter: Porter” category
- Reuben’s Brews won a silver medal for its Dry Stout, in the “Stout/Porter: Dry Stout” category.
- Schooner Exact Brewing won a gold medal for its Hopvine IPA in the “Pale & Amber Ale: American IPA (Less than 6.5 ABV) category.
- Wander Brewing won two medals. A silver medal for its Boysenberry Fruit Puncheon, in the “Flavoured beer: Fruit Beer” category. A silver medal for Global Mutt Baltic Porter, in the “Flavoured beer: Chocolate” category.